Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Serial Procrastination

I’M A SERIAL PROCRASTINATOR.
It’s gotten so bad that I will do other homework to avoid certain homework. *cough* illustrator… And it’s not like I have a shortage of homework, trust me when I say IT NEVER ENDS. There is always something that I could be working on, something that could be improved, a new project to start. So why on earth do I waste my time refreshing my Facebook page when in fact I really don’t care? Or why do I allow myself to get sucked into surfing YouTube, following a trail of videos that is infinite? Looking at my calendar physically pains me. It looks like a battlefield with the due dates glistening in red and notes scattered bleakly in the perfect little numbered squares mocking me with my lack of life. I painstakingly plan out my weekends and write down everything that needs to be completed but the moment I sit down in front of my computer all my good intentions fly out the window. It doesn’t matter that I have a huge project due the next day because I just found a video of Bigbang speaking English. Who cares if I fail, the new episode of the Mentalist just came out. And before you know it, it’s Sunday night and I’m in a panic trying to finish everything for the upcoming week. It’s such a pointless and vicious cycle that causes me nothing but grief and lack of sleep. And the funny thing is, I can function perfectly well without knowing what everyone is doing in the world. In fact, I frequently take hiatuses from Facebook and my accursed cellphone, yet I never seem take them when I should. There’s just something so alluring about avoiding homework until the last conceivable minute. Maybe it’s because I fool myself into thinking I work better under pressure. But come on now, let’s be serious here, when I have a billion projects due in one week and I’m only functioning on 2 hours of sleep the whole shebang is a tight-lipped monstrosity. What I mean is that in light of the past homework leaden weeks, I think I’ve sorta learnt my lesson when it comes to proper time management. I can only hope it will stick… 

No comments:

Post a Comment